Paid Internship Opportunity at the Poetry Translation Centre
Do you have an interest in poetry and translation? Are you looking to start your career in the arts? The Poetry Translation Centre's one day a week paid internship could be right for you. This is a one day a week role working for six months. You will be working alongside the Poetry Translation Centre’s Communications & Office Manager based in our London Office
About the PTC:
The Poetry Translation Centre was established by the poet Sarah Maguire in 2004, to introduce new audiences to leading poets from around the world, as well as better understand and celebrate the diverse communities who have made their home in the UK. We focus on poetry from Africa, Asia and Latin America, working collaboratively with poets and translators to bring new work to English-speaking audiences in the UK.
The role of the intern is to support the Poetry Translation Centre’s work across all its programme areas including digital, publishing and events. This will include:
- Generating social media content
- Finding relevant links to poetry and translation stories online
- Basic graphic design work
- Planning and scheduling social media
- Gathering data about our online audiences using Google Analytics
- Maintaining the PTC’s Google AdWords account
- Administering book sales and stock taking
- Assisting at PTC events
- Event planning and promotion
- Helping to plan and execute fundraising campaigns;
- Assisting in preparations for the launch of new poetry publications.
We would like to hear from people who are:
- Interested in other cultures, especially non-European cultures.
- Interested in the Poetry Translation Centre’s work promoting translated poetry
- Great communicators, both written and verbal.
- Experienced with using digital platforms.
- Basic understanding of design software.
- Flexible and well organised.
- Resourceful with an ability to use initiative.
- Interest in digital innovation
Salary: £9.40 an hour (London living wage)
- Deadline for applications 5pm, Monday March 6th
- Interviews to be held in Central London in the week of March 13th
- Successful applicants should be available to start the six-month internship from March 2017
- Candidates must have a legal right to work in the UK.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and a CV to our Communications & Office Manager, Bern Roche Farrelly at email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 6th of March 2016. Please write ‘Intern Application’ in the subject line of the email.