Join the PTC as our paid intern
The Poetry Translation Centre is seeking an intern to join our small and busy team. The internship is six months long, one day a week, and based at the PTC’s office in the Albany arts centre, Deptford, south London. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for their first role in a publishing company, arts charity or communications role. We particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates.
The Poetry Translation Centre’s mission is to introduce extraordinary poets from Africa, Asia and Latin America to new audiences, live and online; to better understand and celebrate the diverse communities who have made their home in the UK; and to enrich the English poetic tradition through translation. You can read more about the PTC here.
Reporting to the PTC’s Communications Programme Manager, you will work across website, social media and press outreach to support our artistic programme. The role will involve:
● Producing press releases for our books and collating press coverage
● Sending books out for review and to retailers
● Contributing to the PTC blog
● Maintaining and segmenting the PTC mailing list
● Generating social media content and planning specific social media campaigns
● Managing paid advertising on Twitter, Facebook and Google AdWords
● Basic graphic design work and photo editing
● Updating the PTC website
● Maintaining the PTCs databases of poets, translators and supporters
● You will also have the chance to contribute to the PTC’s strategy for developing our younger audiences (16-25), and to be involved with our translation workshop programme.
● We would like to hear from people who are:
● Interested in other cultures, especially non-European cultures
● Interested in the Poetry Translation Centre’s work promoting translated poetry
● Experienced in using social media platforms
● Familiar with video editing software and design software
● Interested in digital innovation
● Great communicators, both written and verbal
● Flexible and organised
● Resourceful with an ability to use initiative
● Salary: £10.55 an hour (London Living Wage)
● Hours: 7 hours per week (1 full day)
● Location: The Albany, Douglas Way, Deptford, London SE8 4AG
● Line Manager: Communications Programme Manager
● Contract terms: Six-month contract starting in June 2019
● Candidates must have a legal right to work in the UK.
Please send a CV and covering letter, together with a PTC Diversity Monitoring Form (which can be downloaded from this page), to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Application – Internship’ in the subject heading of your email.
Deadline: 5pm, Monday 29 April 2019
Interviews: Week of 6 May 2019, at the Albany, Deptford.